THE FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM
“It was narrated by Ibn Umar that the Prophet (pbuh) said: “Islam is built on five(pillars): “worshipping Allah and denying all others besides him, establishing the Salat (prayer), paying the Zakat, pilgrimage to the House, and fasting (during the month of) Ramadan.”
Masjidul Waritheen is dedicated to the service of all humanity. We are a “Bilalian” community dedicated to the full realization of our G’d-given potential. We are one of the leading and influential communities associated with the leadership, language and legacy of Imam W.D. Mohammed(ra).
IMAM W.D. MOHAMMED
Given the name at birth of Wallace D. Mohammed, Imam W. Deen Mohammed was born October 30, 1933, to the builder and leader of the Nation of Islam, the late Honorable Elijah (Poole) Muhammad and the late Clara (Evans) Muhammad.
He has been the leader of the largest identifiable constituency of Muslim Americans and is recognized worldwide as a Muslim scholar. Imam Mohammed has been a frequent participant in countless national gatherings, international gatherings, while also meeting with significant world leaders for the purpose of improving the global human condition.”
Imam Faheem Shuaibe
Imam Faheem is a lifelong student of Imam W. Deen Mohammed (ra). He is the founder of M.A.R.I.A.M. (Muslim American Research Institute Advocating Marriage) and The Sacred Life Project (A public language codification project focused on the language, logic and legacy of Imam Warith Deen Mohammed (ra)). Along with other African American scholars (e.g., Asa Hilliard, Iyanla Van Zant, Dr. Na’im Akbar, et. al.) Imam Faheem Shuaibe has been inducted into the African American Intellectual Royal Family by the Institute for the Advance Study of Black Family Life and Culture.
2022 SHAHADATAIN INSTITUTE OVERVIEW
Zoom Class Begins October 2, 2022
Signup in the masjid or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Zoom sessions Sunday, 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. (or so depending on Q&A).
2. Semester will be13-15 weeks.
3. The Institute is mainly for interested non-Muslims and new Muslims who have been Muslim for less than two years.
4. We will also be considering, on a case-by-case basis, others who have been Muslims longer than two years.
5. We recommend Shahadatain classes for ages 11-year-olds and up.
6. There will be a faculty of teachers from our community teaching the various subjects.
7. The course will cover:
a. all the basics of Al-Islam;
b. Al-Islam’s sources;
c. Al-Islam’s rituals; and,
d. Al-Islam’s history; including,
e. the history of the Nation of Islam.
f. The course will also include a macro-view of the Muslims in America; but,
g. it will not include a lot of Worldwide Al-Islam.
8. There’s a sign-up sheet at the Masjidul Waritheen. The potential student only needs to give his/her name and email address.
9. Potential students can also email their name and email address to Imam Faheem Shuaibe directly at email@example.com stating their interest in the Shahadatain Institute in the subject section of the email.
10. Each student must attend at least 70% of classes to complete this course.
11. Anyone who misses some classes will be able to join for the missed segments in the following semester.
12. Insha’Allah, there will be an in-person graduation ceremony at the Masjidul Waritheen and on zoom simultaneously with presentation of certificates of completion.
|Oakland (CA), US|
Monday, 30th January, 2023